I’ve been using Cauliflower as ‘bread’ or ‘crust’ base forever. Usually it blends with some cheese, but last night I needed something to go with the Chicken Parmigiana that was on the menu – and I thought – why not give garlic rolls a try?
They turned out even more amazing than I thought they would.
Light, fluffy, incredibly garlicky – and to think, I was eating my veggies!
While they don’t look or feel much like dough when plopped on the baking sheet….
…but after baking they were perfect – I couldn’t even wait to take a photo before sampling
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. psyllium husk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced garlic
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C
- Chop cauliflower into small-medium size florets. Add to food processor and chop until very fine.
- Remove from food processor and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the almond meal, coconut flour, psyllium husk, garlic powder, salt and 1 Tbsp of the minced garlic. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add the eggs to the cauliflower mixture and stir until the moist and will holding together.
- I love baking with a stone - if you don't have one, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Taking roll size amounts of dough, squeeze them into a rough ball shape, then plop them from onto the baking sheet from a bit above. Add remaining minced garlic and Italian seasoning to tops of rolls.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- These are great with warm with some butter xo